Friday, March 9, 2018

Ten Virgins 3/9-11/18

09-11 March 2018 – Ten Virgins – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Song: Draw Me Nearer (I Am Thine, O Lord)
[Lyrics: Fanny Jane Crosby, Sing His Praise]
I am Thine, O Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
And it told of Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith
And be closer drawn to Thee.
Chorus:
Draw me near-er, near-er, blessed Lord,
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me near-er, near-er, near-er, blessed Lord,
To Thy precious bleeding side.

Oh, the pure delight of a single hour
That before Thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God,
I commune as friend with friend!
Chorus:
Draw me near-er, near-er, blessed Lord,
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me near-er, near-er, near-er, blessed Lord,
To Thy precious bleeding side.

In the early morning on March 8th, I awoke with a song in my heart to share with you. And the Lord showed me a few verses to share that was related to a Pie Story, “I never knew you.”

Theme: I Know You Not
Parable of the Ten Virgins (Matthew 25:1-13)
This is a famous story that most of us know about. What is interesting about the Ten Virgins was that they all dressed alike as virgins were pure in appearance. What we don’t know was the attitude of the inside of Ten Virgins. It was during the long waiting time that five of the foolish virgins ran out of oil for their lamps. They didn’t expect it would take that long to wait for the groom to come. It is possible that they thought it was “good enough oil” and it shouldn’t take that long to wait. Opp!

Surprisingly, it took that long to wait. The five wise virgins brought extra oil just to be safe and they had enough oil for their lamps when the groom showed up. But five foolish virgins ran out of oil and had to go out to get more oil. They need that oil in their lamps to use for the wedding.  When they returned the door was already shut. They knocked and asked that the door be opened. But the groom said, “I know you not.”

Here’s the point:  When the groom arrived and he had more time to become acquainted with five wise virgins who also took the time to get to know the groom. And the groom gave them responsibilities to become servants with his bride and groom. So when all entered the house for the wedding, the door was locked. When the foolish virgins arrived, there was no time to become acquainted with the groom since the wedding was about to get started.  This was the reason the groom meant as I interpret this, “There isn’t any time more to prepare you for the wedding. It’s too late now. The wedding is about to start. You can’t come in.”

Dorothy: What interest me was the word, acquainted means to be familiar with. It is about a close associate or companion. Be together often as an everyday experienced. Getting to know a person. To Jesus, it is important for Him to get to know you and at the same time we get to know Him as our future groom.

Keep extra oil is to be filled with Holy Spirit. And to study His Word, keep His Word in your heart and keep in touch with Jesus in a personal way. Talk to Him. Get to know Him personally. So He could say, “I do know you.”  So the song, Draw Me Nearer, encouraged me to keep in touch with Jesus and my dear heavenly Father. 

Dear Jesus, thank you for showing me the parable which I never thought it links together with Matthew 7:21-23 and Matthew 25:1-13 “I never knew you and I know you not.” Help me to stay close to you and I know there are more verses You wanted to share with me and to share with others. Thank you Holy Spirit for helping me to keep my heart open to Jesus. Thank You in Jesus’ name I pray. Amen! By memory, I used Lord’s Prayer as well.

May God bless you!

Dorothy

No comments: